- OSMC 2022 | VictoriaMetrics: scaling to 100 million metrics per second
- OSMC 2022 | Open Source: Open Choice – A DevOps Guide for OSS Adoption
- OSMC 2022 | Unifying Observability: Weaving Prometheus, Jaeger, and Open Source Together to Win
- OSMC 2022 | OpenTelemetry 101
- OSMC 2022 | Monitoring multiple Kubernetes Clusters with Thanos
- OSMC 2022 | Metrics Stream Processing Using Riemann
- OSMC 2022 | Current State of Icinga
- OSMC 2022 | Scaling SLOs with Kubernetes and Cloud Native Observability
- OSMC 2022 | Providing a Rich Interface to the Prometheus Operator
- OSMC 2022 | That’s nuts! A proof of concept of Icinga2 on Kubernetes using Acorn
OSMC 2022 has brought lots of insightful open source expert know-how. In this blog series we will together take a glance back into our archives and pick out some of our highly appreciated speaker talks. Today we continue with Pradeep’s talk “Metrics Stream Processing Using Riemann”.
That’s what it’s all about
In his talk, Pradeep will give you an introduction to Riemann including the following topics:
- In-memory stream processing system written in clojure
- How it can easily process millions of events per second
- Configuration is clojure code
He explains what problems Riemann solves in the today’s world of Prometheus & Datadog
- High cardinality metrics problem: Since all processing is done in*memory, riemann can handle high cardinality issue much better than prometheus.
- Instant detection: Since riemann uses websockets, an issue is instantly reflected into dashboard. In prometheus, it will only get reflected after next scrape.
Get inspired by his Talk
You like his content and want event more? Reason enough to join the next edition of the event. OSMC 2023 takes place from November 7 – 9, 2023 in Nuremberg.
Save your Early Bird ticket now! We’re looking forward to meeting you there!