- OSMC 2022 | VictoriaMetrics: scaling to 100 million metrics per second
- OSMC 2022 | Open Source: Open Choice – A DevOps Guide for OSS Adoption
- OSMC 2022 | Unifying Observability: Weaving Prometheus, Jaeger, and Open Source Together to Win
- OSMC 2022 | OpenTelemetry 101
- OSMC 2022 | Monitoring multiple Kubernetes Clusters with Thanos
- OSMC 2022 | Metrics Stream Processing Using Riemann
- OSMC 2022 | Current State of Icinga
- OSMC 2022 | Scaling SLOs with Kubernetes and Cloud Native Observability
- OSMC 2022 | Providing a Rich Interface to the Prometheus Operator
- OSMC 2022 | That’s nuts! A proof of concept of Icinga2 on Kubernetes using Acorn
OSMC 2022 has brought lots of insightful open source expert know-how. In this blog series we will together take a glance back into our archives and pick out some of our highly appreciated speaker talks. Let’s continue with Hila’s talk “Open Source: Open Choice – A DevOps Guide for OSS Adoption”.
That’s what it’s all about
Choosing the right open source project to use can be quite challenging – not knowing if it’s going to be the right fit, how it will behave, and if you end up wasting time trying to make it all work. We’ve all been there. But what if Hila told you there’s a practical way to have a clear understanding of how to incorporate an OSS project in your environment? In this talk, she is going to speak about the DevOps perspective on open source and the challenges Infra-focused engineers have with choosing the right project for their environment. As a DevOps Engineer, she has seen a lot of things, stumbled upon a lot of non-based decisions, and so she will present practical advice on how to choose an OSS project for your dev/prod environment and will talk about the business mindset you should have to evaluate the key indicators based on your needs and specific pain points.
Get inspired by her Talk
Mark your calendars! We’re looking forward to meeting you there!