- OSMC 2022 | VictoriaMetrics: scaling to 100 million metrics per second
- OSMC 2022 | Open Source: Open Choice – A DevOps Guide for OSS Adoption
- OSMC 2022 | Unifying Observability: Weaving Prometheus, Jaeger, and Open Source Together to Win
- OSMC 2022 | OpenTelemetry 101
- OSMC 2022 | Monitoring multiple Kubernetes Clusters with Thanos
- OSMC 2022 | Metrics Stream Processing Using Riemann
- OSMC 2022 | Current State of Icinga
- OSMC 2022 | Scaling SLOs with Kubernetes and Cloud Native Observability
- OSMC 2022 | Providing a Rich Interface to the Prometheus Operator
- OSMC 2022 | That’s nuts! A proof of concept of Icinga2 on Kubernetes using Acorn
OSMC 2022 has brought lots of insightful open source expert know-how. In this blog series we will together take a glance back into our archives and pick out some of our highly appreciated speaker talks. Today we continue with Dotan’s talk “OpenTelemetry 101”.
That’s what it’s all about
Everyone wants observability into their system, but find themselves with too many vendors and tools, each with its own API, SDK, agent, and collectors. In his talk Dotan will present OpenTelemetry, an ambitious open source project with the promise of a unified framework for collecting observability data. With OpenTelemetry you could instrument your application in a vendor-agnostic way, and then analyse the telemetry data in your backend tool of choice, whether Prometheus, Jaeger, Zipkin, or others. He will cover the current state of the various projects of OpenTelemetry (across programming languages, exporters, receivers, protocols), some of which not even GA yet, and provide useful guidance on how to get started with it.
Get inspired by his Talk
You like his content and want event more? Reason enough to join the next edition of the event. OSMC 2023 takes place from November 7 – 9, 2023 in Nuremberg. Early Bird tickets are already on sale. Grab yours now!
We’re looking forward to meeting you at OSMC 2023!