Lifecycle Management with Foreman
Foreman - the lifecycle management tool for physical and virtual servers. Foreman is an open source project that supports administrators with their systems during the entire period of use (lifecycle) - from the provisioning and configuration to the orchestration and monitoring.
Using Puppet or Chef and the smart proxy architecture Foreman regular tasks can be automated and applications are rolled out at your fingertips - both bare-metal servers and VMs in the cloud.
Foreman provides a web front-end, a CLI and a RESTful API, is used for over 4 years in many environments for management of 10 to several thousand servers and offers a large number of plugins.
Foreman is ideal as a front end for the open source version of Puppet and still has many more features.
What can Foreman do for you?
- Discover, provision and upgrade your entire bare-metal infrastructure
- Create and manage instances across private and public clouds
- Group your hosts and manage them in bulk, regardless of location
- Review historical changes for auditing or troubleshooting
- Extend as needed via a robust plugin architecture
- Automatically build images (on each platform) per system definition to optimize deployment