Lifecycle Management with Foreman
Foreman - the lifecycle management tool for physical and virtual servers. Foreman is an open source project that supports administrators with their systems during the entire period of use (lifecycle) - from the provisioning and configuration to the orchestration and monitoring.
Foreman provides a web front-end, a CLI and a RESTful API, is used for over 4 years in many environments for management of 10 to several thousand servers and offers a large number of plugins.
Foreman is ideal as a front end for the open source version of Puppet and still has many more features.
What can Foreman do for you?
- Discover, provision and upgrade your entire bare-metal infrastructure
- Create and manage instances across private and public clouds
- Group your hosts and manage them in bulk, regardless of location
- Review historical changes for auditing or troubleshooting
- Extend as needed via a robust plugin architecture
- Automatically build images (on each platform) per system definition to optimize deployment