Icinga Fundamentals Training
We pass on our extensive and profound practical knowledge to you in this Icinga training course.
Icinga | Monitoring Infrastructures
Icinga is an open source monitoring stack. With Icinga it is possible to monitor complete system landscapes. Starting with the hardware, over all current operating systems up to applications. The software gives a detailed insight into the current state of environments and sends warnings through different channels. The high-performance DSL allows users to automate tasks and write and maintain their monitoring configuration as code.
Place & duration
4 days | Nuremberg & Online | daily from 9am to 5pm. We are happy to assist you with the booking of a hotel or with all other matter concerning your stay or the training. Simply contact us!
Presence: € 2,490,- net
Online: € 2,290,- net
Come to the same training with your team and benefit from it!
- For two: 5% discount
- For three: 10% discount
- Four people: 15% discount
- For five: 20% discount
- For six or more colleagues: 25% discount
This training provides the basic knowledge for the basic use and configuration of Icinga 2 and Icinga Web 2 in combination with the Icinga Director. This is illustrated in more detail with the help of many practical exercises, practical examples and the conveyance of best practices. The structure and use of the Icinga 2 DSL is also discussed in detail, so that the foundation for a safe and confident use of Icinga is laid. Various operating systems and network devices are monitored, many different types of checks are handled and notifications, dependencies and business processes are created for them. A detailed list of the individual topics:
- Introduction to (availability) monitoring and the Icinga project
- Historical development of Icinga
- Basic introduction to Icinga 2, Icinga Web 2 and the Icinga Director
- Basic configuration and grouping of Hosts
- Different types of check plugins
- Definition and assignment of various Service checks based on Service Apply Rules
- Grouping of services through Service groups and Service sets
- Understanding and using Check Commands and the Icinga Template Library
- Agent-based monitoring of Linux and Windows systems
- Background to certificate issuance, endpoints and zones
- Icinga for Windows and use of the Icinga PowerShell components
- Health checks and self-monitoring
- Integrated troubleshooting options including setting acknowledgements and downtimes
- Exemplary monitoring of network devices using SNMP
- Passive checks and check freshness
- Configuration of notifications and escalations
- Understanding and application of Service and Host dependencies
- Modulation and monitoring of business processes
- In-depth use and configuration of Icinga Web 2
- Outlook on possible extensions of the monitoring environment
Skills | before & after
Monitoring users and those who want to become one. If you would like to participate, you should have a solid basic knowledge of Linux and be able to safely navigate the text editor of your choice. The training is aimed especially at Icinga 2 newcomers and all basics are treated both theoretically and practically. We highly recommend the Icinga advanced training as soon as you have gained some practical knowledge on your newly acquired Knowledge.
We look forward to seeing you!
Online Training | 2.490,- € excl. VAT
The all-inclusive package includes
- Comprehensive training materials
- Practical exercises with virtual machines
- Invitation to the daily lunch
- Invitation to dinner on the 1st day of training
- Einladung zum Abendessen am 1. Trainingstag
- Notebook during the training session
Online Training | 2.290,- € excl. VAT
Knowledge the quick way
- Comprehensive training materials
- Co-trainer as additional contact person from seven participants onwards
- Latest findings straight to your home
- Chat channel for exchange and networking
Offer for Companies
Join your colleagues in the same training and profit! You are … … two of you > you pay 5 % less … three of you > you pay 10 % less … four of you > you pay 15 % less … five of you > you pay 20 % less from 6th colleague on you pay 25 % less
That’s what makes our training special
Our trainers are not only involved in training, but regularly work in software and customer projects. We know what is important and we like to share our knowledge – for your success!
A limited group size ensures an effective learning environment in our trainings and Workshops. Of course we always plan sufficient time for questions and answers- look forward to individual support!
The exchange between the participants is particularly important to us. We therefore gladly invite you to dinner, with plenty of room for discussions and exchanging experiences.
" Broad insight into Icinca2 functionality as well as handling and application of the features."
Silvio Foiera | Paul Scherrer Institut
"The NETWAYS' Icinga 2 Fundamentals training provided a good introduction into Icinga 2, Icinga Web 2 and Icinga Director."
Training participant | March 2022
"Top from beginning to end! Best training I have had so far. Would love to do it again. 5/5 penguins!"
Training participant | February 2020
“Anyone who needs "Icinga Fundamentels" training is in the best hands with NETWAYS.”
Frank Hausmann-Petri | HTP