Icinga Advanced Training
We pass on our extensive and profound practical knowledge to you in this Icinga Advanced training course.
Icinga | Monitoring Infrastructures
Icinga is an Open Source Monitoring- stack. With Icinga it is possible to monitor complete system landscapes. Starting with the hardware, to all current operating systems and up to applications. The software gives a detailed insight into the current state of environments and sends warnings through different channels. The high-performance DSL allows users to automate tasks and write and maintain their monitoring configuration as code.
Place and duration
3 days| Nuremberg & Online | daily from 9am to 5pm We are happy to assist you with the booking of a hotel, or with any other matter concerning your stay or the training. Simply contact us
Presence: € 2,090 net
Online: € 1,950 net
Come to the same training with your team and benefit from it!
- For two: 5% discount
- For three: 10% discount
- Four people: 15% discount
- For five: 20% discount
- For six or more colleagues: 25% discount
Off to the next level
This training provides the advanced knowledge for the use and configuration of Icinga 2 and Icinga Web 2 in combination with the Icinga Director. This is illustrated and deepened with the help of many exercises, practical examples and the conveyance of best practices. The training focusses on the distributed and high available architecture of Icinga 2, as well as the automation of the configuration using the import capabilities of the Director. In addition, ways to automate the installation of the Icinga Agent will be covered, as well as the integration of external tools and enhancements of Icinga Web 2. Furthermore, the attendees get important information on maintenance, handling and troubleshooting Icinga. A detailed list of the topics:
- Review of Icinga basics
- Icinga DB and migration from IDO
- Distributed monitoring with satellites and agents
- Director import based on SQL, LDAP and structured files
- Practical use of the Map and Cube modules
- High availability based on a multi-master setup
- Icinga web authentication and authorization in conjunction with LDAP
- Graphing with Graphite and InfluxDB in combination with Grafana
- Advanced configuration with apply-for rules and more
- Icinga 2 API
- Icinga Reporting
- Monitoring of virtualization solutions using VMware as an example
- Visualization with NagVis
- Certificate monitoring with the x509 module
- Advanced notification options
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Automated Distribution
Skills | before & after
This training is intended for all Icinga 2 users who have solid monitoring skills and experience with Icinga 2 in their daily work. If you wish to attend, you will ideally have attended our introductory course “Icinga 2 Fundamentals” and have already gained some practical experience with this knowledge. This course builds on the topics from the Fundamentals training, and enables you to monitor complex infrastructures with Icinga 2.
We look forward to seeing you!
Presence Training | 2.090,- € excl. VAT
The all-inclusive package includes
- Comprehensive training material
- Practical exercises with virtual machines
- Catering during the breaks
- Invitation to the daily lunch
- Invitation to dinner on the 1st day of training
- Notebook for the duration of the training
Online Training | 1.950,- € excl. VAT
Knowledge the quick way
- Comprehensive training materials
- Practical exercises with virtual machines
- Co-trainer as additional contact person from seven participants onwards
- Latest knowledge delivered directly to your home
- Chat channel for exchange and networking
Offer for Companies
Join your colleagues in the same training and profit! You are … … two of you > you pay 5 % less … three of you > you pay 10 % less … four of you > you pay 15 % less … five of you > you pay 20 % less from 6th colleague on you pay 25 % less
That’s what makes our trainings special
Our trainers are not only assigned to teaching, but also work regularly in software and customer projects. We know what matters and are happy to share our expertise – for your success!
A limited group size ensures an effective learning environment in our trainings and workshops. Naturally, we always plan sufficient time for questions and answers. Look forward to individual support!
The exchange between course- participants is very important to as. We are therefore happy to invite you to dinner, with plenty of space for discussions and exchange of experiences.
"Exactly the training I was looking for. As a long time Icinga1 user, I now feel well prepared to migrate to Icinga 2. Thank you!"
Training participant | March 2023
"The training was overall very informative and entertaining, and fun to do. Top class!"
Daniel Burkhard | operational services GmbH & Co. KG
"Very good Icinga training with many important focal points. I was able to learn a lot and take away some things to optimize and improve my own environment. Many thanks for this."
Simon Günther | SoftwareOne Deutschland GmbH
"Overall, the training gave us a good look beyond our own Icinga installation. The trainers brought their extensive practical experience into the training very well and answered questions directly and comprehensively. Definitely a worthwhile training course for administrators of larger system landscapes."
Training participant | September 2023