Icinga 2 / Puppet Workshop
This two-day workshop is an advanced workshop with the main topic to show how a distributed Icinga 2 environment is managed by Puppet.
Training location/ duration:
2-day workshop | Nuremberg or Munich | daily from 9.00 to 5.00 pm
One day will focus on building a distributed Icinga 2 setup with puppet-icinga2 module using the role/profile concept. Additionally, we will spend some time to discuss zones and endpoints in Icinga 2 and some advanced puppet features used by previous mentioned puppet module.
A second important content will be how to use Git in Puppet environments.
- Installing an Icinga 2 master with Icinga Web 2
- Setting up several Icinga 2 agents on different platforms including Windows
- Using a dedicated Certificate Authority to auto sign incoming certificate requests
- Integrating an Icinga 2 satellite
- Building a semiautomatic monitoring of hosts by using facts and the puppetdb
- Using Git with r10k for auto deployment of our Puppet modules with dynamic Puppet environments
The workshop fee is 1.550,- € excl. VAT
It includes the following:
- 2 days training attendance in smal group
- Coffee breaks incl. snacks twice a day
- Lunch (incl. 1 beverage)
- Dinner (incl. 2 beverages)
- Free notebook during the training session
- Free WiFi-access
We are happy to assist you booking a hotel room. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
The named topics will be teached detailed in theory and hands on. If you want to join this workshop proper knowledge in Puppet and Icinga 2 is required.
To ensure an aim-oriented and efficient realization of this training the number of participants is limited. This enables an intense examination of the course content and the opportunity to settle individual questions and problems.
The exchange between the participants is of particular importance for us. This is also the reason why all participants are invited to dinner so that a lot of scope for discussions and exchange of experience is allowed between the participants outside the workshop hours.