Icinga | Monitoring Infrastructures
Icinga is an open source monitoring stack. With Icinga it is possible to monitor complete system landscapes. Starting with the hardware, over all current operating systems up to applications. The software gives a detailed insight into the current state of environments and sends warnings through different channels. The high-performance DSL allows users to automate tasks and write and maintain their monitoring configuration as code.
Place & duration
4 days | Nuremberg & Online | daily from 9am to 5pm We are happy to assist you with the booking of a hotel or with all other matter concerning your stay or the training. Simply contact us!
You know exactly what you want and have you already decided? Click here to register!
This training provides the basic knowledge for the basic use and configuration of Icinga 2 and Icinga Web 2 in combination with the Icinga Director. This is illustrated in more detail with the help of many practical exercises, practical examples and the conveyance of best practices. The structure and use of the Icinga 2 DSL is also discussed in detail, so that the foundation for a safe and confident use of Icinga is laid. Various operating systems and network devices are monitored, many different types of checks are handled and notifications, dependencies and business processes are created for them.
A detailed list of the individual topics:
- Introduction to (availability) monitoring and the Icinga project
- Historical development of Icinga
- Basic introduction to Icinga 2, Icinga Web 2 and the Icinga Director
- Basic configuration and grouping of Hosts
- Different types of check plugins
- Definition and assignment of various Service checks based on Service Apply Rules
- Grouping of services through Service groups and Service sets
- Understanding and using Check Commands and the Icinga Template Library
- Agent-based monitoring of Linux and Windows systems
- Background to certificate issuance, endpoints and zones
- Icinga for Windows and use of the Icinga PowerShell components
- Health checks and self-monitoring
- Integrated troubleshooting options including setting acknowledgements and downtimes
- Exemplary monitoring of network devices using SNMP
- Passive checks and check freshness
- Configuration of notifications and escalations
- Understanding and application of Service and Host dependencies
- Modulation and monitoring of business processes
- In-depth use and configuration of Icinga Web 2
- Outlook on possible extensions of the monitoring environment
Skills | before & after
Monitoring users and those who want to become one. If you would like to participate, you should have a solid basic knowledge of Linux and be able to safely navigate the text editor of your choice. The training is aimed especially at Icinga 2 newcomers and all basics are treated both theoretically and practically. We highly recommend the Icinga advanced training as soon as you have gained some practical knowledge on your newly acquired Knowledge. </ p>
We look forward to seeing you!
Classroom training | 2.250, – € excl. VAT
The all-inclusive package includes
- Comprehensive training materials
- Invitation to the daily lunch
- Invitation to dinner on the 1st day of training
- Notebook during the training session
Online Training | 1.950,- € excl. VAT
Knowledge the quick way
- Comprehensive training materials
- Co-Trainer as additional contact person
- Latest findings straight to your home
- Chat channel for exchange and networking
Offer for Companies
Join your colleagues in the same training and profit! You are … … two > you pay 5 % less … three > you pay 10 % less … four > you pay 15 % less … five > you pay 20 % less from the 6th college onwards 25 % less
That’s what makes our training special
Our trainers are not only involved in training, but regularly work in software and customer projects. We know what is important and we like to share our knowledge – for your success!
A limited group size ensures an effective learning environment in our trainings and Workshops. Of course we always plan sufficient time for questions and answers- look forward to individual support!
The exchange between the participants is particularly important to us. We therefore gladly invite you to dinner, with plenty of room for discussions and exchanging experiences.