stackconf is coming! We have crafted an inspiring agenda for you! Here are some highlights that you surely don’t wanna miss.
Hybrid cloud environments
Hybrid cloud environments were never easy and mostly just an idea. With Kubernetes though it is easy to deploy your infrastructure on premise and to a cloud provider.
This is where you learn more about hybrid cloud environments:
- Joerg Schad (ArangoDB): Challenges in Building Multi-Cloud-Provider Platform with Managed Kubernetes
- Kendall Nelson (The OpenStack Foundation): OpenStack:K8s::Peanutbutter:Jelly
- Michael Coté: The blinking cursor or Kubernetes for people who aren´t supposed to use it
Increased portability makes containers so powerful. A big plus is that it can prevent a vendor lock-in. Applications running in containers can be deployed easily to multiple different operating systems and hardware platforms.
Learn more about containers in these talks:
- Pranav Parikh (Walmart Labs): Scalable testing infrastructure with Kubernetes and Concord
- Denis Rosa (Couchbase): Databases on Kubernetes: Why you should care
- Jose Ortega: SecDevOps containers
Agile methods & continuous integration
Good IT is not possible with just the right tool. It is important that you have your communication and processes in shape. DevOps, agile, you name it always comes down to communication and transparency. Tear down silos to make your IT infrastructure and business as fast and efficient as possible.
Get to know agile methods and continuous integration practices in these talks:
- Martin Hinshelwood (naked Agility): Agile Evolution: An Enterprise transformation that shows that you can too
- Sri Rangan (GitLab): Secure & Compliant GitOps Transformations
- Rain Leander (Packet): Leveraging Procedural Knowledge: From Riding a Bike to Bare Metal Automation
And we have even more for you: Find the full schedule at stackconf.eu/schedule.
This is how it works: stream, chat, network
All the recorded talks will be presented in a single track over the course of three days from June 16 – 18, 2020. You can easily attend and watch!
Just watching, or what? Of course not! stackconf is a highly interactive online event – if you want it to be! Chat with the experts. Spice up open discussions with your thoughts in the hallway channel and in various topic-related channels. Meet friends and fellow infrastructure experts in private chats. Plus, there might be one or another challenge or gaming opportunity.
Short: There is plenty of opportunity to learn and have fun!
Fruitful discussions and hardest questions
While you watch a talk in the stream the speaker will be present in a parallel live chat to answer your questions. Feel free to comment the presentation, add your thoughts to it and ask your hardest questions! We are looking forward to a fruitful and inspiring exchange of ideas.
During lunch break a moderated discussion will take place. Join in and contribute to it. There will be additional room for networking and informal get-together during the community evening at the second conference day – Wednesday, June 17, 2020. We’ll continue the topic-related discussions, and open the gaming arena, where you can compare your gaming skills.
Stay up to date
Get posted on the latest expert knowledge on open source infrastructure solutions! We look forward to seeing you online at stackconf.
stackconf online takes place June 16 – 18, 2020. More: stackconf.eu