I am very happy and thankful to be part of Rootconf in Bangalore again. My friends in Bangalore organise an amazing event and I can definitely recommend it.
Here is the official press release …
Setting up and managing infrastructure in technology companies is a complex, expensive and challenging proposition. HasGeek’s Rootconf community brought together by the annual conference will discuss and deliberate on this topic including:
- Running secure systems and using security tools such as OSINT to track vulnerabilities.
- Automating infrastructure security, and gearing teams towards a culture of development, security and operations.
- How companies such as Uber, Amazon, GO-JEK, Alibaba Cloud and others run their infrastructure at scale and in a distributed manner, across geographies.
- Importance of open standards and how engineers can choose their tools wisely to ensure that they don’t get locked-in with vendors.
Dates: 21-22 June 2019
Time: 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Venue: NIMHANS Convention Centre, Bangalore
Event information: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019/
Systems engineers, DevOps programmers, SRE, team leads, VPs of engineering, security professionals and communities will participate in the 2019 edition of Rootconf. Speakers include Bernd Erk from NETWAYS, Brian McKenna of Atlassian, Kushal Das from Freedom of Press Foundation, Lavakumar Kuppan of Ironwasp security, Shrey Agarwal from Paytm, and Chandrashekhar Bhonsale of CRED.
Apart from talks, Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions on the following topics will allow participants to discuss:
- Security paranoid OS – led by Sayan Chowdhury, Red Hat
- Art and science of choices in engineering – led by Srujan Akumarthi, Webengage
- DevSecOps and the problems with over-engineering security - led by Neelu Tripathy, Thoughtworks
- Building a 100% remote workplace – led by Ratnadeep Debnath, Zapier
Other participating organizations in Rootconf include Razorpay, WalmartLabs, Zapier, Red Hat, Atlassian, CRED and Paytm. The 2019 edition of Rootconf is expected to have a footfall of over 600+ participants.